Summary Of Position
The Sales/Design Consultant’s primary function is to sell the products and services we offer to both walk-in customers and self-generated leads. The Sales/Design Consultant is expected to profitably grow sales through the development of relationships and by prospecting for new accounts and increasing opportunities with existing customers. This is a full-time position, with an expected minimum of 40 hours per week.
Essential Job Requirements
The selling process consists of using sound selling techniques and skills to comprehensively explain product and installation specifics, perform material requirement estimates and take-offs, calculate job pricing, close the sale, collect payments, and additional duties required to offer exemplary service to all customers. The Sales Manager will work with you to determine written yearly volume and margin sales goals. These goals will provide benchmarks for determining acceptable levels of selling. In addition, you will be required to keep track of personal statistics for closing ratios.
A successful Sales/Design Consultant will generate his or her own leads through many avenues outside of walk-in traffic, including cold-calling, membership in various organizations, direct mailings, and the like. At no time, will walk-in leads be the sole source of lead generation for the Sales/Design Consultant.
In addition, the following activities are required of this position:
- Work five shifts per week, including at least two Saturdays on the showroom floor. Your schedule will be given to you monthly. Such floor time will include on-time opening and closing, answering phones, greeting all customers, putting away samples and keeping up the overall appearance of the showroom, operating cash drawer and credit processing equipment, as well as any other duties deemed necessary.
- Prospect for outside customers as mentioned above, when not working on the showroom floor.
- Perform the essential requirements in the selling process: jobsite estimates on all products, take-off blueprints, specify products for both residential and commercial projects, write-up proposals, contracts, work orders, and repair orders, and schedule installations with the Production Department. Other duties include providing warranty and maintenance information, and continuous and thorough follow-up to ensure outstanding customer service.
- Continuous education to include attendance at all Product Knowledge trainings, Sales Meetings, off-site Seminars and Training offered by management, interaction with Vendor Sales Reps, reading trade journals, and any other type of self-education available to you.
- As a Sales Professional, you are expected to keep both yourself and your work area neat and professionally presented.
High school diploma or equivalent.
A minimum of three years of sales experience is required for this position. Industry knowledge in construction, floor coverings, window coverings, interior design, plumbing, electrical, countertops and/or cabinets is highly recommended.
Exemplary interpersonal and selling skills are required for this position. In addition, organizational and analytical skills must be above-average.
Must be able to stand, walk, and sit for eight hours per day, lift 20 pound stone and tile samples, see price lists and blueprints, interact in conversations with customers, and be able to drive one’s own car to off-site appointments.
Must be able to do high school level math, read and carry out complex written instructions, and write complete and comprehensive letters and proposals.
Computer, copier, fax machine, printer, and calculator. Software includes Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, 20/20 Design, BuilderTrend, iCM, and more.
No supervisory responsibilities.
Work is primarily performed indoors, but does include travel to job sites, training, customer’s locations and more. Employee must provide own licensed, and insured transportation to and from such destinations.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $37,000.00 - $82,000.00 per year